Before Starting Your Golf Round – Golf Warm-Up Exercises
What do you golfers think? Should you do golf warm up exercises before your round ?
- Do you know a good warm up routine?
- During the golf swing the body can speed up 100mph and more
- Then how many strokes you take in a round
- Do you still think it does not really matter if you do not do golf warm up exercises for your muscles before heading out to the golf course?
Golf is so much fun, to some even addictive. But the swing is an explosive movement, if not handled properly it can be taxing for the body. Look at Tom Watson at the Open 2009 what a remarkable example. 60 years old and still playing golf with such an ease. How do you follow?
- Enjoy your golfing and get yourself in shape!
- Showing consideration for your body will prevent deterioration and injuries.
- If you want to have the pleasure of your game for many years to come, stretching your muscles before driving a super long ball on the first hole, can make a remarkable difference in the short and long run.
You need to get to know your body. Golf warm up exercises should include stretches, and they should not be painful.
Pay close attention to your body, always go into the stretches slowly. Take it to your limit, but respect your body, breath to help the muscle and the joints release.
Slow is the word you want to remember while stretching and over the time you will develop a relationship and deep understanding of your body. While doing golf warm up exercises, forcing the body can limit the movement even further or cause an injury. So, keep it in the fun side.
Consider Golf Specific Body Parts:
The most obvious guess is the upper body. Definitely, you want to have a good stretch on your shoulders, arms & back before swinging at the ball, in fact all of your upper body. Even, carefully, the neck.
Your lower body does far more during golf than taking you from one shot to another. During the shot, legs are the foundation. They are responsible for having a nice and steady downswing and a picture perfect follow through.
A third and less obvious, but just as important, are the abdominals. A strong core aids at stabilizing and gives power for your swing. Also, it protects your lower back during the actual swing. Include them, golf warm up exercises and golf fitness training should have the abs in the mix.
Remember, during golf, power does not equal strength, but rather a combination of factors, most important you want to generate speed. And when you realize the speed your body is accelerating through the ball, is there any wonder why not conditioning the muscles can be serious enough to keep you off the course for many days?
There are many programs accessible:
- on video
So make sure to choose the right one for you and most important put it in action! A very popular one that has gotten many great reviews by golfers is the Super Charge Golfers Fitness Guide. Steve Glockegol shows many awesome stretches that you can add to your routine. The genius of this program is it was design specially for golfers. And you will get a full comprehensive golf work out program.
Once you have learned the stretches, take them with you to the course, do a proper golf warm up exercises routine and be ready to go on the first tee! You take the extra time and your body is happily ever after.
And like Tiger Woods, Watson, and Turnberry your tale will have many great rounds for a very long time.
- SRC 13: Marlon Sandro vs Masanori Kanehara booked for June 20
- Govt manipulates SRC elections — The Ghanaian Journal
- Systematic Swing Trader. | myfapturboforex.com
- The Importance Of A Professional Forex Learning Course « Power to …
- (Zumba Fitness) – Healthy Living is a MUST!
- » Calculating the Trajectory of an Itchy Ball in Gray's Ferry …
- EcoLight LED Table Lamp by IMG Lighting – Black Desk Light …
- Stock Market Trading Course: Stock Analyzer Pro
- Music Blog » Horatio – sing with the Swing (M. & Schuster in …
- Denali Prep Seminar Having Fun « IMG Blog
- What type of golf ball responds best on the green? « HooTrader
- “The lovely span of the Williamsburg Bridge” « Ephemeral New York
- Currency Swing Trading System – a Simple Route to Forex Profits …
- Giethner on c-span can't prove closing "systemic risk" businesses …
- Blue Jays Fan Owned by Foul Ball | Zoner Sports
- Crash Course: Chapter 8 – The Fed & Money Creation by Chris …
- WVBS videoscope (video borescope) with wireless monitor, img …
- Teenage Body Image | WebkinzCorner.com
- The Future of Wrecking Ball Coffee Roasters – Young & Hungry …
- VG247 » Blog Archive » Developer says fitness gamers will “benefit …
Filed under: golfers fitness
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!